BEST NEW TENNIS PLAYER? NAOMI OSAKA
Outlandish. At 20, she is the youngest woman in the world’s Top 20 — and Japan’s highest-ranked female player in more than a decade. Serena Williams declared two years ago that Osaka was “very dangerous.”
So it wasn’t a complete surprise when she put together a spectacular run in March at Indian Wells, in California, demolishing three current or former world No.1s on the way to her first W.T.A. title. Those upsets catapulted her up the rankings, from No. 68 at the end of 2017 to 17 by early August.
And last night, guess what? She won her first Grand Slam title in the US Open. Wikipedia.
And she beat none other than the best woman tennis player ever, Serena Williams. Ridiculous!!
Naomi was born in Osaka, Japan. She is American, Japanese and Haitian. She also has a sister who is a tennis player, Mari Osaka.
This girl is on fire and dreams big. She dreamt of playing and playing her idol, Serena, and beat her twice this. The sheer power and speed she serves and her strong hand back create headaches for almost all her opponents. At such a young age, this is just the start for bigger things to come.
I love her humility and respect. Even last night after she won clearly, she apologized for winning. “I know that she really wanted to have the 24th Grand Slam, right?” Osaka said later. “Everyone knows this. It’s on the commercials, it’s everywhere. When I step onto the court, I feel like a different person, right? I’m not a Serena fan. I’m just a tennis player playing another tennis player.”
Then, tearing up, she added, “Anyway, when I hugged her at the net, I felt like a little kid again.”
There are a lot to look forward to, and I particularly will watch her matches and cheer her on and hope she will be a great role model, change Japan's perspective on biracial identity.
Congrats gorgeous girl and all the best in your future endeavours


Yorumlar
Yorum Gönder
Please be considerate and respectful on your comments. Thank you!